Saturday, October 11, 2008

After Scool Enrichment Program

I am teaching a paper-crafting After-School Enrichemnt program at our local elementary school. It has been a lot of fun. I have 12 second through 5th graders. This was for the first class. I wanted to see the ability level before I decided the entire curriculum. As you can see, I left a lot of white around the crab. I thought it would be too intimidating if I trimmed him closely. Those girls and boys are pros- for the most part! They were able to trim him perfectly. They thought the tearing and glittering was the bomb. LOL Of course, they loved using the wheel as well. Parents seemed pleasantly surprised that they came home with a nice project. :) We made a tag book album last week and the Frankenstein box this week. I will be sure and post pictures of our other projects as well.

Crab and Co
Baja Breeze, Kraft
twine

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

this is so nice! I am sure that the kids loved creating this page - have to love the beach and the crab!!!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Awesome project! My kids camps are a blast. I hope you have fun!

Stephanie said...

What a cute project! My husband teaches band in our school's enrichment program. I never though to teach a scrapbooking class! Good luck with yours!